Today I’m celebrating three years since the end of my marriage. Three years since my world came crashing down and everything changed.
I sound crazy, I know.
But, while the past anniversaries of what I call “D Day” (Discovery Day: the day I discovered that my marriage wasn’t what I thought it was), I’ve dwelled on that painful memory. I shed tears. But this year, I realize that I control how I view this day, and I choose to celebrate it.
I am celebrating:
- Recreating who I am and my life goals
- Having some amazing friends in my life
- Traveling independently every year
- Being done with the divorce drama
- Having a well-adjusted teenager
- Being financially independent of any man
- Having only possibilities in my future
There’s something powerful about changing your attitude toward something painful. You can let it consume you…or you can use it as a catalyst to make your life 1,000% better.